Criminal Record Checks

Students who are entering a program which requires a placement in the form of internships, clinical practica, academic practica, cooperative program work placements in designated agencies may be required to obtain a criminal record check from the appropriate law enforcement agency and/or the Solicitor General's office.

In order for the university to be able to release the criminal records check to the agency, informed consent is required of the student. The form entitled Authorization for Disclosure of Personal Information (Criminal Record Check) Consent (Word 40 KB) is available for these purposes.

Mailing address:
Ring House 4
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1

Phone: (780) 492-9419
Fax: (780) 492-6571